Textiles (lat. Textus – fabric, matter) – products made from flexible, soft fibers and threads, produced from yarn on a loom.
Textiles that contains cotton:
– Possesses good heat-shielding characteristics due to the hollow structure of the fiber.
– Has excellent hygroscopicity. The great advantage of cotton fabrics is that they absorb moisture well. That is why they are widely used for sewing summer clothes, bed linen, towels and children’s clothing.
– Allows air permeability. Cotton fabrics “breathe”. It is pleasant to wear cotton clothes, it will help out in any circumstances: in the heat of summer, and at home, and to create an office image.
– Has high durability. Cotton fabrics are not strongly deformed, they go through washing and drying very well. Cotton fabric does not really stretch and shrink. Repeated washing, ironing and other care manipulations cotton fabrics carry out quite well, without losing their characteristics for a long time.
– Is easy to handle. They are easily handled when cutting and sewing, with them “nice to deal with.” Cuts of a cloth are not showered that is very convenient during the work. Fabrics are pleasant to the touch, cause positive tactile sensations. The material looks aesthetic. If the cotton fabric of a noble shade is dense, its products can look very stylish and modern.
Cotton fabric is widely used in making “Home Textiles” and “HoReCa” products:
• Fabric bedding: satin, satin jacquard, ranfors, creton, flannel.
• Table linen: tablecloth, napkins, towels, tablecloth-top.
• Terry towels, bathrobes.